Why 20% of Homebuyers May Not Sleep TonightDecember 13, 2016
At Green Label Title, we strive to help every one of our clients purchase their dream home. Once they are the owners, we know sometimes making the house a home can be a little daunting! This is why we have put together a series of Home Hack Blogs to help you prioritize some easy projects with big impact.
Whether you are planning to put your house up for sale or you just want to be the best looking house on the block, spring is the time for sprucing up your outside space! Here are 5 home hacks to enhance you curb appeal – all in one weekend.
- Update your Color Palette – Painting all of the outside trim is a huge project and probably involves giant ladders and scaffolding. No thanks! Instead, pick a bright accent color and paint just the front door. Red, Turquoise, Gray and Royal Blue are all trendy and compliment many house colors.
- Solar Powered Lighting – No wiring required! Pick up a pack of solar powered lights at your local home improvement store and install them along your front walk. Space them every 2-3 feet for big impact both day and night.
- Symmetric Color – The human eye loves symmetry, so add some flowers symmetrically to the front of the house for a pop of color. You can accomplish this in so many way: 2 oversized planters on the front porch, 2 flower boxes on the windows on either side of the front door or a splash of color along the walkway with some quick perennials. Buy flowers that compliment your new front door color. Don’t forget top soil!
- Wreath – So easy with a big impact. Great DIY project – grab a plain wreath and a monogram letter from the craft store – then just add some paint and fake flowers. Of course – for a super easy hack, you can always just buy a wreath!
- Updated/Modern House Numbers – Get rid of those standard, 2 inch, BORING, metal house numbers. Replace with larger, modern font, floating numbers for a contemporary home or a large plaque for a colonial style house. It will differentiate your home in the neighborhood and make it easier for people to find you!
The outside of your home is the first impression and will set the stage for how any potential buyer or visitor views the rest of your home. Take a little bit of time and WOW them!